Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lessons from Campaign Boot Camp

Call to Service

One of the most important things I took away from the OUTWest Boot Camp this last weekend is my call to service. I have been a very active, activist thus far however now I know that it is my duty to fight for marriage equality for ALL with every fiber of my being. No matter what. No matter if it's hard. No matter if I'm tired. No matter if I'm rejected. I must continue to fight for myself, for my spouse, for my community and for my country.

Who Am I?

I am a Software Engineer by trade. But from now on when people ask me what I do I am going to answer I am an Activist! And, I going to tell them, I am fighting to restore marriage equality in California and to gain marriage equality statewide and I won't stop until we get it!

Why Am I Fighting

I am fighting for marriage equality because I deserve equal rights. I am fighting for marriage equality because separate is NOT equal. I am fighting for marriage equality because you don't write "Just Domestic Partnered" on the back of your car. I am fighting for marriage equality because I am a lesbian and I was able to marry the person I love and EVERYONE deserves that!

Fearless

You can't be afraid. You can't be afraid to make the asks. You can't be afraid to put your ideas out there. You can't be afraid to raise your hand. You can't be afraid to fail!

Five Lessons Learned

  1. When sending an email make only one ask
  2. If you are asking for money make it transparent where the money is going
  3. Contact other leaders in your community they could make unlikely allies
  4. Know the universe of voters you need contact
  5. Delegate, you can't do everything yourself

Follow Me

Facebook username: tracyeringreene

Twitter username: tracyeringreene

www.SFVEquality.org

No comments: